Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things I will miss or look forward to


Well I never thought this time will come in my life where I would have such a major health/life decision. But it has come as my cystic fibrosis has completely taken over and ate away at my lungs life. At first I was terrified and thought hell no I don't wanna go thru lung transplant it was an awful ordeal and for what at least an extra year to 5 of life. But as I researched and have talked to a few that have gone down the road it is common to live past their 5 year expectation. So I decided hell lets just go for it. I have a loving support of family and friends that will help me thru the tough times which I hope are as little as possible, but like they say you have to expect bumps in the road for the first year.
I tell you it will be nice to get back to life the way it was before being tethered to an o2 hose. it makes planning of events and such a pain in the ass cause you can only go or do for what ever long your tank will last you. And forget about crashing somewhere overnight. So far this year I had to cancel my week up north at the cottage where we had spread my dads ashes. That has to be the most disappointment so far. There is the little things I miss too for summer fun like riding the coasters at Canada's wonderland (local theme park for those that are reading that are not from Ontario). I wanted to get some camping in as well.
So after transplant I am gonna try and take sometime to myself and enjoy the new freedom before getting back into the workforce. Also depending on finances hopefully do a little traveling. Might even try to get back into skiing as I've already been asked by a friend that he wants me to come when I get my new lungs lol.
I'm sure there will be more that I will add to the list as it comes to me.

Well there we go blog #3 down. Boy I'm on such a roll lmao.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man. I feel for you. I was stuck barely able to move when my heart failure set it. Changed my life, and I was on "watch" for a pacemaker or possibly a transplant. It's not something easy to look forward to. If you ever need a sympathetic ear or a shoulder to lean on, you let me know. (By the way, I'm not supposed to ride the coasters either, sucks knowing that while they build Behemoth). The real hard part was to stop thinking about the future, and focus on the right here right now, and what makes it so damn good.

    ReplyDelete