Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What a great walk!









Sunday May 29th was the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis. This year they held one in Barrie down at the waterfront. It was organized by Lynette and Dave Mader(who has cf) and they did a fantastic job! The Barrie walks goal was $8000 and we exceeded it almost triple at $23,000.

My Team did great our team goal was $1000 and we raised over $2000. I was a little slow starting on getting donations and pushing it (only 2 weeks or so before the walk) and still managed to collect $920 worth of donations. With the help of a fellow customer of the garage I work at donation after he read my story in the local paper.

The day was overcast and it threatened to rain all day but it was still nice walking weather. Another fellow cfer/friend Allison and I were part of the ribbon cutting ceremony to start off the walk and we were also both interviewed for the local news. Its great to be able to get out and tell people of the cause. Next year I'm planning on fundraising alot earlier and to get alot more businesses in town involved.


















1 comment:

  1. They did a great job, for sure. I was glad to get to be a part of a great cause.

    ReplyDelete