Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Update on my house

So I went to the bank at the starting of last week to see what my options are. Basically I got none. They said they can try and refinance for a lower rate but cant do that till I get up to date on my payments :( They asked why I was having a hard time and I explained I have had a hard time catching up since I was off work for so long because of transplant and such. The lady I was talking to was very compassionate and was asking me about my transplant as her friend "jamie" that lives in T.O had a dbl lung transplant due to CF. What a small world. I inquired on his last name but seeing as he was a friend of a friend she couldn't remember the last name. So I have weighed the options as I cant even sell. And I don't think there is an option of just signing it over to someone without lots of legal fees which I do not have the money for that. So as it is i am just staying for a couple months without making payments to save for first and last and find a place all inclusive to rent. I have been looking around Barrie and area as Midland/Penetang has nothing really keeping me here anymore. Barrie is close enough to commute to work every day and I will be able to hang out with my brother more. I am not too sure on how foreclosure works but I guess I will find out. And lets face it you cant get blood from a rock. This whole situation has been playing heavily on my mind the last couple of days and results have been getting headaches so bad I haven't been able to go to work, which in the end doesn't help the financial situation. I feel I really have no one to turn to to help but really its something I have to do for myself.
So any of you that read this know of a place coming available in the Barrie area let me know, I'm ideally looking for a house with at least 2 bedrooms and hopefully at least a single car garage.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to see this Sean. The relocating and wait for my transplant has set us back a lot as well. Being away from home for 1 1/2 yrs takes a toll on your finances. Not many realize that we go through so much, with our health deteriorating, finances because we are unable to work, nor my husband could because he was my Caregiver. We just took out a 2nd mortgage so I could consolidate all my bills and do some work on the house. But in the end we must hang in there and do what is best for our heath, we do not need stress for sure. So please do not feel like a failure, we have been through so much this past 18mths, plus our wait time, it is time for us to sit back relax and enjoy life with no worries.

    ReplyDelete