Thursday, December 6, 2012

News you dont like hearing!

Just when I thought life was going pretty good bad news arrives.
Tuesday morning my employer told us cause it was getting slow at work that everyone is getting laid off and will only be called in when and if needed. And then some of us were sent home at lunch that day. So it has now been 2 days I have been home. With everything that has happened to me financially over the last few months, declaring bankruptcy and turning my house back to the bank. This just puts the cherry on the top :(
I have been advised to see what my "employee" rights are. As it is now I will not have any money from EI till poss mid January :( So it make me feel pretty crumby over the coming holiday season. Although if you have read my blogs from day 1 you know I'm not into the whole commercialization they have made Christmas but would still like to get something for the people I love. But I think this Christmas is going to be a write off. All I can hope is the New Year comes a better time and better prosperity.

1 comment:

  1. Wow shitty news. I am so sorry for you, you so did not need this ontop of everything else you have gone through. I do know an employee can not let you go on the spot, they must give you advance notice, and if they don't they must still pay you for 2 weeks. Well it's like that here, I know all this because same thing happened to my daughter about this time last year as well.
    Keep your head up high. Does Employment Insurance up there help pay your way through schooling, either it be community college, or some other course like trucking or something. You should look into that. My daughter went back to community college this year,,UIC is paying for her course, plus a pay cheque plus babysitting.
    There are many options out there, you just need to be lead to the one that interests you the most.
    Good luck in your next venture.

    ReplyDelete