Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Too Healthy?

Its been 5 weeks since I finished my testing and Toronto General for lung transplant. The way the doctors talked I would be listed and be on my way to getting new lungs. Like my previous blog it was a big decision to go thru this whole deal. At first I was just forget it im not interested and ive lived a good life. But after talking to post transplanters and reading articles there is a good chance of living past their 5 year expectancy. So after alot of thinking and talking with family I had decided to go thru with it.
Well finally today the Transplant Cordinator got back to me. Not news I would think I really would want to hear. She said I was too healthy at this time, I would have to wait till my health deteriated more and my quality of life got worse. It was abit depressing. I had gone a long way to get to where I am now, numerois government forums, letting my job I love go so I could get onto disability (which barely gives you enough to live on and actually have a life) It wouldnt be so bad if I was more stable financially and I didnt have to worry about my protable o2 tanks running out when out with friends.
So I guess I have to turn a new leaf and deal with what comes, they also told me that a good exercise program can actually improve my lung funciton. I do not know exactly how this can works because I figured there was no getting back your scared and fibrosed lung. So I think I will track down a good treadmill and start running a bit everyday. I would rather do it in my house as I can just be on my o2 concentrator and have it turned up and not worry about running out of o2. The portable tanks just do not last when they are turned up to 8 lol and I dont wanna get stranded o2 less lmao.
So we will see what happens, who know maybe it will work? I would love to hear suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment