Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Canada Day!


Well it was a nice Canada day. there were lots of festivities around. I came to realize when heading to the local park with my brother to meet some friends that I cant keep up with people now :(

It started off at home in the morning with the usual routine, get out of bed,come downstairs and do my meds. Then eat some breakfast. We then sat around and watched some tv deciding on what to do for the day. The night before we had been out at a friends backyard party, where again I found the limitations on what I can do and what I miss the most....sitting around a bonfire. It becomes a little dangerous when you are tethered to an o2 machine. Anyways back to the story. We decided to meet my roommate,his mom and son down in the Park in Midland (next town over) There would also be a couple of other friends there too with their children. We got to the park to find it chaos, nowhere to park. As we circled the parking lot we finally found a spot. Only it was located way at the back of the rec center. Which entailed a walk to get into the park, not a big deal. Although what killed me was the 2 huge hills I had to climb. When we finally made it down to where they were sitting after 3-4 rests on the way I made it. Where I just sat and collected myself...not looking forward to the walk back to the truck. We hung out for awhile, enjoyed the live band and took in the sun. We left for some dinner and plus my o2 tank would not last to the fireworks. Then I would surely have to be carried back to the truck lol. So there was no way I was gonna endure all the SOB (shortness of breath) coming back for the fireworks. We did however found a spot on one of the side streets where we could see some of them.

I have also come to realize that maybe it is time to apply for a handicap permit. It would make my life a little easier I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment