Sunday, September 12, 2010

First update

Its a overcast cool Sunday afternoon. Not much happening around here. Sitting here sipping on a Timmies coffee which I have had to change due to managing my blood sugars. I use to be a large triple triple, I am now drinking a large 3 cream 2 sweetener. Changing a mans coffee is like making him wear a different type of shirt lol.
Anyhoo back on track here, I have now been listed for just over a week. I have done my first week of exercise physio down at Toronto General. It went good. I actually feel alot better too and my o2 sats are staying right up. When I first started they said they like to keep me 85% or higher. I told them that I was told to stay above 90% so I don't know who is right but I find myself I feel more comfortable above 90. I am really curious now if my PFT's have gone up, I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks when I have clinic at St Mikes.
There sure is alot of people there in the time slot that I'm there. I'm still trying to get into a routine on what to do as in time management. I was doing all my stretches and then weights. Then I would get on the treadmill and then the bike. The nurse on Friday told me to try and break it up seeing as I'm only there for an hour and not to do my 2 big workouts back to back. So see how it goes tomorrow. I only have three weeks left then I can move my 2 days closer to me. If it wasn't for gas and the wear and tear on my truck I don't mind the drive. Its actually a little relaxing and gives me time to think.
They had asked me to call around up here to see if there was physio offered in Penetang or Midland. The response I got from PGH almost had me hit the floor with her honest words "will you be hospitalized for transplant" I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with that. So I talked to TGH on Friday and they are gonna get me into Orillia Soldiers Memorial. They said they are the only ones accepting people and Barrie's Royal Victoria hospital is too booked up. I'm just hoping they have the parking sorted out in Orillia now according to my mom.
I got around last night to packing a bag for transplant, which included some pajamas, shirt,socks,slippers,cell phone charger,disposable camera and a bag of all my meds I take(thanks god I had some extra of all them so it makes easier) So that is now in my back seat of my truck.


So here's to hoping the cell rings or pager goes off! Cheers all!

2 comments:

  1. Sean, just an FYI. A large coffee triple triple has 39 grams of sugar, but those Iced Caps that you've fallen in love with have 65 grams of sugar. I almost fell off my chair when I looked that up. That's roughly double what a can of Coke has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I take insulin when I have an ice cap plus I need the extra calories.

    ReplyDelete