Saturday, September 25, 2010

Yet another update

I had my C.F clinic at St Mikes on Tuesday and it was all good news! My lung function is back up to where it was in June, I didn't get the exact numbers but as I recall it was somewhere around .92 litres. I think this is the combination of the cooler non humid weather so I get out moving more and the exercise at TGH. We will see if its up more in a month. I am still waiting to hear back from the YMCA on my subsided membership, its been over a month since I submitted it. Guess I will go in and see on Tuesday (my only day off). I only have one more week of traveling to the city 3 days a week, let me tell you the km's on the ol dodge really rack up. I just mailed my mileage and parking fees this morning. I put close to 2000kms on since sept 16th and $134 in parking. Its terrible they have to charge you so much to park. But its the city what else can you do. Which brings me to my next adventure that happened this Friday.
I got down to Tgh, grabbed all my stuff and headed upstairs. As I was standing out in front of the physio lab waiting for them to open I reached in my pocket and noticed no car keys! Ohhh crap I'm screwed. I have my spare key in my wallet which is sitting on my coffee table at home (I have only been carrying a few cards and traveling light seeing as they invented most work out pants with no back pocket. So I texted my buddy and he said he would get CAA to open my truck. (he has a plan through this cell company) the only thing is he has to be there....so I had to pretend to be him lol. So I get going in physio and he texts me back saying they will be there in 45 mins I said no good I cant get out till 2:30 which was almost an hour and a half away so he says fine he will call when I am done. So after physio I send him a message and tell him I'm done. He tells me to wait out by the emrg where the underground parking is. So I do and I wait wait wait and still no one. I'm keeping my eyes open for a tow truck to come down either end of the road. I wait for an hour and call him and say no one has showed. He calls me back and says the guy has all ready been and left cause he couldn't find no one. So they send him again and say its gonna be at least a 45 min. wait. So by 5:45 I find him....hes not driving a tow truck just a plane jane white ford ranger with little lettering saying CAA. well I wasn't looking for a Ranger if I knew that I could have probably flagged him down. He got into my truck in 5 min. and I was on my way home...not before paying the $25 parking fee ugh!
Traffic was terrible and of course its 6:00 on a Friday night. The road north was bumper to bumper of all the tourists heading north. I finally reached my driveway close to 8:30.
But on a brighter note, while I was standing outside TGH I was talking to a guy who mentioned his brother had a double lung transplant for cf 20 years ago. He says hes doing awesome and he is stronger then him now. So that was a pretty positive thing to hear. He said when his brother had it done they were just getting around to doing them so his outcome wasn't expected to be the greatest. Makes you think of now when they have gotten 20 years under their belt.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a hell of a day.. but glad to hear the numbers are up. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete