Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Well the weekend has come and gone now. I had a wicked weekend. Got to spend the entire weekend with my gf which was great! Saturday I went to Ikea in T.O with my brother. Did tons of walking and browsing and felt great and full of energy. I still cant get over how much of a difference there is. It seems you just slowly get use to doing less and having less energy that you don't seem to miss it till you get a new life after transplant and have all your energy and breathing back. As it is its almost 1 am and I cant really sleep. Just cant seem to shut my mind down. Too many things running thru it from the excitement and great times of the weekend to stuff I wanna do this upcoming week. I have to be at Toronto General before 9am to have blood work before meds and cant sleep a wink. I ended up coming back downstairs to watch some tv in hopes it would let me drift off. So far no luck lol. I have also been thinking of how after transplant I have already picked up a few traits that I really didn't have before. Makes me wonder if its from my lovely donor family? There have been reported cases where donors have picked up certain traits they may not have had after receiving organs from their recipients. Just a couple of things I have noticed : I seem to be more social and open, before I was kinda shy and quiet person and would only talk when felt necessary,I very rarely would strike up conversation with someone let alone with someone I didn't even know. I have noticed I have become alot more emotional and in touch with my feelings and being able to express them, not keeping them bottled up. Third is chewing gum lol, I was never a huge gum chewer now I seems I always have to have some in my mouth to chew on. Seems strange but makes you wonder?

4 comments:

  1. May be it's just the fact that you are feeling great, have loved ones around you, and have a new IKEA bed?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah yah, well ive had the new Ikea bed now for a few months :) But just the excitment of life now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. emotions might be cause you've been to hell and back, and appreciate life and your loved ones times a million? being more talkative? might be cause you have WAY more energy...gum? totally chalk that one up to your donor haha

    yay so glad you are feeling awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete