Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Slackin or busy?



Dunno if Ive been slacking or just busy enjoying life and these beautiful new lungs! So here is an update of things since my last blog. I had clinic last week where they gave me my results of my brochoscopy the previous week. They said they found stage 1 rejection. It sounds scary but they said its nothing to even worry about. They said there is 6 stages I believe. They just monitor things. So if they aren't worried I'm not worried :) They also removed every other staple from my incision which was nice. I didn't even feel a thing when the pulled them. Other then that they were pleased with my progress, my pfts were up to 70% Then Tuesday I got a call and a message that they also found a trace of Pseudonise in my lungs which they wanted to treat with a 14 day run of iv meds. So Thursday I went in and had a picc line installed. Was not a big deal, they had it in in 15 mins, said its the easiest and fastest one they had lol. When I got up from the table they still had the xray up of where they watch where the picc line goes into your chest and you could see my sternum lock (pic below)


This weeks clinic went well too,except for the mix up in the blood lab and upstairs blood lab for people with picc lines installed, who knew if you had a picc line you couldn't get blood drawn at the regular lab you have to go up to the transplant day unit. At least I know for next time lol. I also had another pft and it was up another 3% so now I'm at 73% So things are still going along great.


As for other things going on in my life, been busy with Toronto appointments and traveling to Orillia to spend time with my girlfriend, which im glad is going great! Ive never been this happy :) Ive gotten out to the garage to work on the jeep a tiny bit but its been kinda cold out. Other then that not much else going on.




One more thing to add, my Brother and I have started a Great Strides Team to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. Ill post the link feel free to join our team Strides 4 Sean or sponsor us! help find a cure!


1 comment:

  1. i had rejection within the first two months too. stage 2. no biggie!

    how's the IV going???

    also i cna't see the picc! you'll have to bbm me it!

    ReplyDelete