Friday, April 1, 2011

Life is grand!

Sorry for no updates for a couple days but as most of you know I was discharged from hospital on Wednesday March 30th. This is when my new true freedom began, care of my lovely donor and their family! I have been kept busy doing things around the house, out visiting friends and just generally enjoying breathing. Trying to give these lungs a workout. I have not been able to sit still for 2 days lol. I just feel like I'm wasting time sitting in front of the computer or watching tv. It seems that was my old life when I didn't have energy and having to wear O2 all the time. I still cant get over the difference. It truly blows my mind. I already have holidays booked for the summer and cant wait to get up to the cottage and relax and reflect on everything that has been going on. Another thing I cant get over that I was telling one of my good cf friends, is the look on peoples face when your standing there and say that I just got out of the hospital from having a double lung transplant. Most of the time they are completely lost for words and their jaws hit the ground lol its priceless. In other news my post transplant appts start this Monday. I have to be at TGH before 9 am for blood work to check for my Cyclosporin levels which is my anti rejection meds. Then its off for PFT's (Pulmonary Function Test) I am really anxious to see what my numbers are. I then have to have chest x ray then clinic at 12:15. I then have physio Tuesday at 1 pm and then Wednesday at 2:30pm, I then got a call saying they had a bonchoscopy booked for wed too at 9:15 and like me to be there and hour before. So it will be another long day. Thank god physio said I could just do 2 days this week cause of Mondays stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment