Wednesday, November 23, 2011

9 month assement


Monday I was at Toronto General Hospital going thru my tests for my 9 month assessment of my pretty pink new lungs. So the day went as follows. Was up at 5am seeing as I had to be in the city by 7:30 for my ct scan, that went with no hitch then I was off to blood work which was fasting so I couldn't eat anything the night before or have my morning coffee booooo! When that was done it was off to the pft lab for breathing tests and the annoying ABG (arterial blood gas) The resperoligist had a hard time getting it, after two pokes and poking around in my arm he finally got it, I was so glad when that was done and could finally get some breakfast! That was a yummy bacon breakfast belt on a cheddar cheese bagel and a coffee. After that was my 6 minute walk test. They had 2 students doing it. I did it and seemed to do the same as I did at my 6 month mark. The one physiotherapists looked at the results then asked how I was feeling "fine" I told her then she told me my walk test was down significantly from last time, she then suggested maybe they missed counting a couple of laps and asked if id like to do it again in another 10 minutes and I said fine. So I did it a second time and the physiotherapist did it and just as we suspected they had miss counted and it was actually the same as my 6 month mark 630 metres which is 93% pred of a healthy person my age.

Next was lunch time, mmmm hero burger is my fav! then it was good ol clinic time. I was prepared for a long wait as it usually goes. I got up just after 1 got called in 10 minutes later and then waited in the room, the transplant coordinator came and talked to me, I showed her the article that I had in the circle of friends which she liked. She also asked if I'm doing any awareness stuff for cf and organ donation which I told her yes. I gave her my letter I wrote to my wonderful donor family and asked about my letter I submitted at 3 months and she said she was gonna contact the trillium gift of life to see if the rejected getting my letter so hopefully I hear something. I was out of clinic by 2:30 which wasn't bad at all.

Tuesday was the same early rise to be down at TGH for 7:30 for my bronchoscopy. I stopped in Barrie and picked up my brother to come down with me. I went in for my bronch and was done in about 30 minutes. I was awake for the whole procedure which doesn't bother me one bit. The even had me taking a deep breath when the wanted to take the biopsy clips. The good thing about not being right out is that its very quick recovery after. When I was down me and my brother went up to the 7th floor (transplant ward) and visited a fellow transplantie that was in, she had her double lungs 5 months ago. We then stopped by and visited with a fellow cfer who received her new lungs last weekend, which she is doing awesome and id imagine will be heading home shortly.

I was able to get a cd of my before and after xrays, the first one is of Feb 24th which was the night I went in for transplant the second is my new lungs and was taken on Monday.


We then headed back to Barrie and then I came home. Today it was back to work as normal.








No comments:

Post a Comment