Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas is over finally



I am glad Christmas is finally over. I didn't do anything at all this year except go to my moms for dinner. I have just about kicked this cold but it left me an ear infection.....not fun! I can barely hear out my left ear and it drives me crazy I can hear my heart beat in it and after awhile it gives me a headache. At first I thought it was just a blockage as ive had one before. Went up to the ER in Midland Saturday morning cause I couldn't take it anymore. Usually when you go there your a guaranteed 3 plus hour wait. I was in and out in 20 minutes, I don't know if it was cause they were efficient or that they knew I was a dbl lung transplant recipient and imune compromised so they didn't want me sitting with all the sickies lol, but I'm not complaining. The Dr looked in both my ears and said my left was clear and he could see my ear drum but it looked all red and swollen so he gave me a 7 day course of antibiotics. If it isn't better by then to see someone. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Its 3 days I've been on them and haven't really seen any difference :( So if not cleared up not sure what the next step is. Maybe iv antibiotics :(

Easy call called me Friday, well got 2 messages from them, first was that no calls will be taken and replied to after noon and not till the holidays are over. The next was about my blood work the day before, my white blood count was at 14 and it usually is at 7, thank god I still have some WBC left alot of people after TX get it wiped to 0. So they said I must obviously fighting something and wanted me to let them know how I was feeling, WTF? I called them 5 days prior on this sinus cold I had and coughing up a little bit of phlegm. So I left a message leting them know and about my ear and of course they never called me back before noon. So not sure if they will get ahold of me this week or wont be till the new year.

Today I ventured back down to Sick Kids to visit my niece who's daughter is waiting for a liver transplant. She told me that all the tests came back and that her husband is a match, which does take some stress off things, she thought may be on the search for a donor. I have alot of friends who offered to be tested too, I am so grateful for wonderful friends.

Yesterday was my 10 month lungavisary. It was kinda a sad day for me, sure I was happy to still be here but for my precious donor and their family. Not being able to celebrate this Christmas with their loved one. Who knows if they had children who had to try and cope with not having their mother/father there :( I know for me it was really tough trying to get into the Christmas mood after my dad passed away. It just didn't feel the same at all! So I completely imagine what they are going thru. I thought about my donor all day long. Thank yous can never say enough, you gave me my breath and life back! Maybe next Christmas will be a better Christmas for me, like I said before I don't like all the commercialization they have made out of it, being sick at Christmas (this will be the 3rd Christmas sick ) and not having someone special to share the times with. I guess life goes on.

Below is a picture of my nieces daughter Alyson.









No comments:

Post a Comment