Monday, December 19, 2011

Finally feeling better

Its been just over a week now and today was my first day back to work. I still have a partially plugged nose and ears plugging up. It seems to get worse at night when I go to bed. Don't ask me why. Last night I ended up getting up at 3am and sleeping downstairs on the couch and actually got some sleep. I guess its just gonna take a little longer. I gotta say though being sick for the first time is kinda scary and a learning experience all at the same time. At least I know what to expect the next time around.
Well its only a week away from Christmas. I still have no feeling what so ever. I'm sure its not a good thing but really doesn't bother me one bit! Christmas for me has just not been the same since my dad passed away over 11 years ago. Just couldn't really get back into it. Another factor is not having a significant other to celebrate the festivities with. But ohh well guess its what life has dished out for me.
I am planning on a big New Years party at my house again. This year a bunch of us are gonna dress right up for it. It should be fun :)

This past weekend I went down and visited my Niece,her son and daughter. Her daughter was born May 5 2011 and is now waiting for a liver transplant. Poor girl has no idea what is going on. I feel so sad for her. My nieces dad is starting tests to see if he can donate some of his liver. My niece is unable seeing as she donated some of hers to her son back in 2009. If her husband is not a match then the terrible task of trying to find a match begins. I do have a couple of friends who have said they would get tested to see if they are a match which means alot to me! As I was telling my niece that its so crazy that the waiting list for livers and kidneys are so high seeing as they can be a living donation and not from a deceased donor. I checked the list today and liver waiting list is almost 300 as the lung waiting list is at 69. Even since my dbl lung tx I have had 8 friends who have received their new lungs. Its just so crazy!

Today is my dads 77th birthday its hard to believe he would of been that old if he was still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment