Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Such a stress filled day!

Today was my last test for my 1 year assessment. Wow 1 year where does the time go? I had the solid gastoric emptying test today. Its kinda nasty test. They give you a microwaved egg white which they inject radiation into. They then take an image at the 1 hour and 2 hour mark then the last one at 2 1/2 hours after the 2 hour mark. So it was a long boring morning. You cant eat or drink anything till the test is over. Tuesday I had my bronchoscopy which my favorite dr did. That went fine, was awake for the whole thing which I like alot better. Monday was all the small tests such as blood work (after they got my paper work) Pulmonary function test which was an amazing 96%, chest ct scan, 6 min walk test which I also did amazing with too. Then clinic. It was truly a long day didn't get out of TGH till almost 5pm.





Today I got the dreaded awful news that my good transplant friend Allison who's blog can be found here : http://allisonswaitinggame.blogspot.com/ She was transferred to Toronto from up here cause of fevers, today I heard she is now fighting for her life on life support. It is so unreal. We were both recovering in hospital after transplant as she got hers a week before me. I am truly praying she pulls through. I am so not ready to say good bye to another transplant friend. The world can be so mean sometimes. I remember her excitement that she was able to return back to school for nursing and she met the man of her dreams. She was living life to the fullest. Its just so unfair!!!
On another note I was suppose to be going to Florida with my brother, his partner and family. But after lots of thought I had to pull out due to financial reasons. I'm pretty upset cause I was looking forward to it so much but such is life.

All I got to say is tomorrow better be a better day, sure hope I hear some positive news about Allison. It is really gonna be tough to sleep tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I know only one effective way to cope with stress - go shopping! It always helps me forget about all the troubles and understand how lucky I am to be able to buy something when others barely have money to buy food

    ReplyDelete