Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trying to stay postive

Well this last few weeks I've been kinda down in a funk. Dont really know why much. maybe cause I sit and watch the summer pass. Not being able to get away anywhere and just basically having put my life on hold. Cause of that I really haven't had much ambition to push myself or to go out and do things. Maybe the news that they say I'm still too healthy for transplant. I had everything set up and was keeping my fingers crossed that by this time next year I would be able to get back to somewhat normal life and hopefully get back to work. But that hit a road block. This past clinic though they said that they are gonna talk to the transplant team about listing me cause I don't have much health to be playing around with. My pft's were down to 20% from 23% last month. Although they said its not enough to warrant antibiotic use. To just keep an eye on things and if I feel I'm getting worse to call other then that go back in another month.
I have had a little issues with my blood sugar as well. I did have them under control and then all of a sudden not. Damn cf. But with the wonderful diabetic nurse at clinic we have got my sugars almost under control and managed to get my HAV1 levels down from 9.2 to 8.1. The transplant team would like to see them at 7 or less which I'm sure will be there by next clinic.
It sure has been a road of hell since December when I got the initial chest infection that dropped my lung function into the basement and left me stranded on o2.
I'm trying to stay positive. I went and seen about a YMCA membership this week and have to go in next week with the application. I'm just hoping I can keep up with it, even if at first I only spend 10 minutes and work up from there. I think like my mom and I see other transplanters I will concentrate on my leg strength.
I never thought I would mutter the words ill be glad when fall is here. It has been a really hot and crazy humid weather here. And who can go out and concentrate on things outside when if feels like a 200 lb person sitting on your chest...not fun. Its also not good for energy level. When its hot like this and I'm hot I don't feel like eating big meals either which isn't good. I thought for sure my weight would be down again this clinic but apparently I gained 1.6kilos go figure. Maybe its from having my blood sugar under a little better control?
Well that's about all I got right now, as I sit out on my back deck on the beautiful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment