Tuesday, February 8, 2011

cf and pre tx clinics

Well the last two days I've had clinics. Monday I have my physio which was scheduled for 10:30 am and then transplant clinic at 1pm. Clinic went well, it usually doesn't consist of much, just how are you feeling are you still on all the same meds as previous? I did ask about why the donor lungs didn't meet their standards and was suprised to hear that upon checking all other organs for other life saving transplants they found some spots on the liver which they put down as cancerous so cause of that non of the organs are usable. So I guess even though the donor may not have known Cancer has affected more peoples lives and their possibility for life saving transplant. Although the donor is still in my thoughts for being courteous and signing their organ donor card....if only more people did.
Tuesday (today) I have my CF clinic. Things went well in their too, my PFT's were up from .99lt to 1.12lt which is amazing. The wait was like always long. I finally seen Dr T around 2:15. She was sad when she heard about my dry run last week. I described all the details of what happened lol. She was happy on my results today and said I have been pretty stable and in great shape for transplant as I'm up and about and such so keeping my strength up.
Well I think that's about all I have to update for now :)

1 comment:

  1. keeping your strength up is SO key. go go sean. it's comin' soon. CF'ers never wait very long.

    ReplyDelete