Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just taking things in stride.

Its been almost a month now since my dry run. Im not sitting here every second waiting for my pager to go off again, I figure when its my time it will go off. You have to keep your sanity or its just no fun lol. My Friend Allison got her call almost a week ago now. She is still recovering, she had a little what they say bump in the road but its just a normal thing in transplant. But shes strong and still doing great. Hopefully she will be out in a few weeks and be able to enjoy those new lungs.
I have been feeling pretty good, the other day I decided to take my O2 off and see what my saturations dropped down to, they only went down to 92-93 percent which isnt bad. Thats where I usually sit when wearing O2. They like to keep you above 90% its less of a strain on your heart. I dont need to wear that puppy out too lmao. It would be nice if I didnt need it to sleep with, would make life alittle easier. I still seem to need it for moving around so I wont be able to completly get away from the O2. That is the one big downfall of having to wear it to sleep with that I cant easily crash overnight anywhere.
This week ive escaped from going to the city at all. Just have to do my two days of Pre transplant physio in Orillia. Speaking of Orillia im still talking with the lady that I went to the show with. We were hoping to get together this past weekend but unfortnatly plans didnt come together. So were hopeing for next week sometime *fingers crossed :)
I was on fb the other day and one of the guys at the shop posted a video thing that I found pretty funny, its just like some of the customers I had to deal with when I was working there>>

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7452561

I still can't believe that in four more days it will be my birthday (27th) ill be 35 and yes I was almost a leap year baby. Its pretty amazing, as my one good cf friend said I'm a grandpa in cf years! Thanks for making me feel even older. But in all reality when I was born the doctors had told my parents that I would only live till I was 13. You have to just sit and think in awe how far CF treatments have come. All us cfers are living alot older then ever expected...and hey I'm not complaining one bit lol.
As for birthday plans there isnt really much planned. Getting some friends together for breakfast on Sunday, not really birthday breakfast cause we were planning it before the fact lol just happend to fall on that day. Then my brother planned a birthday dinner Sunday night at my moms....then told my mom she was cooking dinner haha.
As for the weather its still cold and snow hasnt melted yet boooo! Ill be glad when the warm weather comes and can sit out on the deck.. Like my one friend noticed we are all pretty non social in the winter. But come spring and summer we are all getting together alot of time to just hang out on the deck or what ever. Guess thats part of the winter blahs.
Ill end with a pic that I made with a roll up the rim cup from Tim Hortons....if it was only that easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment