Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home Time

Today is my final day here. Monday I had my 2 chest tubes removed and was told a couple days and I can go home. Well Tuesday came and the morning went with no sign of the Lung Transplant team seeing me. Which was a little discouraging it was like they knew what I wanted and were avoiding me. Any ways I tried to stay busy which was hard, especially when you know you are now well enough to go home it just seems ohh that much harder. Before breakfast I Had to go down to the pharmacy and get raped for my insulin pen needles(normally free for me at shoppers in Penetang cause it is covered under my odsp) but they could not do it here cause they did not have a formal letter or account set up with ODSP. $37 for a box ouch! I will keep the receipt and see if ODSP will reimburse me. I also grabbed a coffee then came back upstairs to have my breakfast. When I was done it was time to do meds and such so I looked after that. Then went out to the lounge to find something to watch on TV. I sat in there for awhile till boredom crept up on me again. I then went for another walk around downstairs and got yet another coffee. Thank god I have a Timmies card care of a gift from my sister :) and then sat downstairs for a bit before heading back up to see what lurked for lunch. While waiting for the elevator I ran into my other fellow post tx friends dad and chatted a bit. He was happy to hear that I get to come home Wednesday(which is now today lol) And said that he would tell her daughter that they would come to visit after she was done her physio. Well lunch was chicken salad on somewhat stale rye bread. I ate it anyways, I didn't feel like going down and stuffing my face in the food court and feeling bloated all afternoon. When I was done went back to the lounge for a bit but couldn't find anything to watch, but got a bag of chips, I have become addicted again to Mrs Vicki's Sea salt and Vinegar chips lol. I have to have 1-2 bags a day lol. I then went walk about again. Went downstairs, where I ran into one of the lung transplant team in the elevator and asked if they were trying to avoid me and if he knew what was up for wed.? He said he had no idea that I would have to ask the other members, wow that was alot of help bud! So anyways walked thru the food court and went and sat outside for a few minutes, got to chat with my gf on the phone which was nice. Then came back in and wandered back up to the Timmies level lol where I sat in the hallway and talked to my mom and also roommate on the phone. I tell you the crack berry has really gotten a work out this last month. I then grabbed yet another coffee....like I needed another, if you lost count that's the third lol. And headed back upstairs. I left a message with my nurse to find out from the Dr or the discharge nurse about my escape on Wed so I could make plans with my friend to come and get me. She later came in and said the Dr would be in sometime this afternoon to see me that they came in the morning and I wasn't in my room. She had told them I was in the lounge and they said ohh well. She told them they cant expect me to just sit in my room all day long lol. The dr came in and asked how I was feeling and looked at the dressings. He said I would be able to go home Wed and that I would probably not need home care. That they would just remove the dressings Wed morning and if not oozing at all just leave them off. He said Ill have some routine labs in the morning and meet with the discharge nurse for my meds and that I should be able to get out just after lunch. It was the best news I heard since the news the lungs were a go hahaha. Its been a long road, but like Ive told others I don't regret it. It feels nice to be able to take deep breaths, not cough at all. It will still take some time for my chest to heal and some of the pain to go away. But its slowly coming together. Just gotta take things easy and try not to rush and start doing all the things Ive been wanting to do pre tx lol. I will be most defiantly be keeping you updated even though im not in the hospital anymore. I also would love to say a huge thanks to all the love and support from all my family and friends it means the world to me. It truly helped me get thru this, thru the hard and challenging times, the emotional times.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome news :) Can't wait to read the facebook status that you made it home and skittles is happy too!- I'm glad you can finally breathe.... :) now to go pant shopping...fatty.

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey im not fat just water retained lmao! whos kidding I will more then likly gain weight like most post tx'ers and have to start watching what I eat which will be something new with me. Ive always had to jam as much in my face as I could to keep weight on. I can feel my stomach jiggle when I walk now lmao.

    ReplyDelete