Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I need a holiday

Today was my first day of exercise in Orillia. It all went well and lets say I like the 30 min drive instead of the 2 hour and traffic fight. I get to drive with my own northern people not the maniacs of the city.
I got the the exercise room...that is once I found it along with a place to park. I ended up parking in handicap with a parking meter. I had a whole mess of dimes in my truck so I just fed a pile to the hungry meter and it gave me over an hour and a half. Alot better then the feeding of $20 bills into the parking machine in the city lol. The only thing is you cant get a receipt from a parking meter but I think I can digest the cost of parking!
Back on track now. I got into the exercise room. They hooked me up to this behemoth o2 tank cause this part of the hospital isn't equipped with hospital o2. I guess they deal with alot of post transplant and surgery people and not people needing o2. They also do not have a large liquid tank to refill my portable. They set me up with all my weighs at one end of the room and let me do my thing. There was 4 other people there all men and I would have to say the age group was mid 60's to 70's and here I am a whole 34 years old. Felt kinda out of place. But non the less they were all very nice and struck up a conversation. After they were all done their things and was just me left in the room pedaling my life away on the bike and the physio dr sitting at his desk. We started talking and he was saying they have had a few lung transplant people from tgh attend their program. He didn't say how many were cf related. Then his next question for me was what all this negative and positive talk was in the cf community. So I had to explain the whole cepacia. This kinda made me question and wonder, I didn't see any latex gloves to wear when on the equipment like at TGH or alcohol wipes to wipe down weights and equipment. Unless they do it after I leave which I am hoping they do.
So anyways it went good and I was on the road home with a timmes in hand. I got home and had to call some RRAP program that ODSP told me to call about getting a furnace for my house. I talked to a guy there that said all their funds were depleted for this year that I would have to wait till next year and asked for my address so he could fill out an application, I told him wasn't that kinda pointless and asked what kind of a waiting time was there. He said well we wouldn't be able to do anything this year for you...so I said again so this is completely pointless cause I need a furnace this year or its gonna be one cold winter. But this guy still insisted on mailing me an application so I said fine and hung up. Maybe he gets paid depending on how many applications he mails out to people? So I called ODSP back cause they said if they couldn't do anything to get back in touch with them and they would do something. So now I have to get 2 written estimates on a new furnace plus one more letter stating my furnace can not be repaired. So now on my other 2 days off I got to arrange for people to come over and give me estimates.
I just don't ever seem to get a break or time to myself there is always something. It seems I am busier now then when I was working its crazy....I need a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment