Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Clinic today

Had my monthly CF clinic today and St Mikes. I was surprised at how well it went. Got there about 10:30 and figured as per usual clinic days and just sitting and waiting for hours on end I would just sit downstairs at Tim Hortons and have a coffee instead of getting my coffee and rushing up and being a 1/2 hour early. I got upstairs at 11 and sat in the waiting room till they came and got me to take my weight. Which I may mention was up 8.14 lbs since last month! I believe its cause I have got my blood sugars right in line. It took alot or work but I did it!
I then got showed to my room and there is where I sat for 1/2 an hour before they came and got me to go to the pft lab to do my lung function test. To me I didn't feel like I blew that great but according to the readings my fev1 was up to 1.16 lts which is up from last months .86 lts..whoo hoo another bonus that now puts me up to a whooping 29% lung function from 23%.
Back to the room I went and I sat, played around on the computer a bit then sat around some more. I waited for hour and a half and finally the doctor came in to see me. Wasn't much to say he was happy my numbers were all up, then asked what do I do with my days and spare time seeing as im not working. I laughed and said what spare time. All I ever do is go to doctors appt's. He told me to continue my treatments and such, and don't just give up cause I am gonna be getting new lungs lol. Something I couldn't believe he would say seeing as all the work ive done this past month to get better #'s.
Oh well Ill just continue what I'm doing and see if there more increase next months clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment