Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Winter will soon be here

Not much new around here, Heard on the radio this morning that there is a chance of flurries on Friday YUCK! Other then that it is just the same ol same ol. Come Nov 2nd it will be 2 months ive been on the waiting list. Things are going pretty good. I am now going to Toronto General once a week on Mondays and then to Orillia Tuesday and Thursday. Its so nice having only a half hour drive instead of a 2 hour and fighting all the traffic.....yes im a country boy! Which ive stated many times before.
I signed up for a study at TGH. They are doing a study on the effects of exercise pre and post transplant. There is not much to it. On Monday I had to do a 6 min walk test (no big deal cause I was due for my next one for physio) and then had to go over to University of Toronto to do a couple of muscle strength tests. Next I have to wear I thing similar to a pedometer for a week pre transplant and a week post transplant. They also meet with me right after surgery,day of discharge and 3 months after.
My walk test went good, I walked alot farther then a month ago and my o2 sat only dropped to 90 instead of 81 a month ago. They also weighed me and im up to 52.8 kg which is up from 49.8 my last clinic a month ago.
I have my CF clinic again next Tuesday so we will see what my PFT's are and if they are up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment