Thursday, January 6, 2011

Funny how things go

Last 2 days of phyiso have gone good. No hacking my brains out which is nice. Yesterday as I was driving down College st on my way home from Toronto General I was thinking to myself wow, until Nov/09 I had never really driven in the downtown. Now I feel like I know my way around pretty good...not no pro yet but can manage. Of course downtown city driving is alot different then my country town driving, you have to pretty much turn into an arrogant dodge in and out of traffic kind of person. Sometimes when I get home I find myself still driving like I was in the city and have to take a moment to switch back to country driving lol.
I am still amazed and and disappointed that within the span of one year my health and life have just about hit rock bottom. Although I'm still glad I'm a bit mobile and able to get out a bit. I don't know what I would do if I was stuck in the house, not being able to drive and completely depending on others. Don't get me wrong I am nowhere able to do the tasks I use to be able to. My roommate looks after putting all the garbage and recycling out and the snow cleaning of the driveway. Hell I think that would take me several hours and many tanks of o2 to complete lol. So for now I hope to just stay around this level till the call for lungs come.

5 comments:

  1. Leveling out is the key, huh! I wish I would have leveled out a few steps higher but we take what we can get :). Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, while I was sick in a different way (heart failure) a lot of what you're going through sounds like what I went through. Having to rely on others, not able to do simple physical tasks. I truly look forward to the day when you get the page and a new set of lungs are waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, my name is Natalia, I received my double lung transplant a little over a year ago. I really hope you get that call soon. This time is so hard, I remember it (well not that well since I was out on a ventilator for some of that wait) and it's awful. The good news is that you are at the end of one really hard journey, and nearly at the begining of an amazing one. Once that call comes, don't look back. And before you know it, plowing the snow will be just another thing you don't even think about doing. Good luck.
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gived you blog award. Tis on my page. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog award? Where do I find it on your page?

    ReplyDelete