Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Todays Clinic

Today's clinic wasn't too bad. Got to st Mikes and went right to the blood work lab. I thought I was in for a very long wait as there was a full room and people also waiting in the hallway. But the wait was only about 15 mins...not bad. They couldn't draw blood from my picc line so they had to poke me again in the other arm. When I was done I went back downstairs and grabbed a coffee then headed up to the Cf clinic. I went and sat in the waiting room, and there is where I sat from 11:00 to 2:00 One odd thing, I dont know if the reception knew they did it or not but there ended up being at least 4 cfers all sitting in the waiting room at the same time. It didnt really bother me but kinda makes you wonder when they are so tight on cfers mingling and such. Anyhoo they then called me and I went for pfts. My FEV1 was back to .99LTS which is pretty much where it was before my infection. I went back and they had a room ready for me. So I dropped my stuff then went to the Marakteria and grabbed a snack, Milk, oreos, rice crispy square and an apple. Went back to my room and ate. The nurse came in and took all my info, plus she unlocked the computer which was perfect now I could play around on the net while waiting, which I figured would be a few hours. She left and I jumped in the chair. Just logged into FB and knock knock on the door the Dr was here. Wow that was freakin fast. So anyways he asked if I wanted to pull my picc line out or leave it in, I'm like PULL it! lol So out it came. I can now stretch my arm out, shower proper...back to normal life. So now I don't have to go back for a month.
Tomorrow I'm back off to the city for my pre tx physio at Toronto General. Then Physio on Thursday in Orillia. I'm already looking forward to this week being over.

No comments:

Post a Comment