Monday, January 24, 2011

Ones thoughts when driving


Well today was my day at Toronto General for my Pre transplant phyiso. It all went well,at least the rest of it. I got there and they said I was due for my 6 min walk test. For those who have never had to do this it is basically a measurement of how far you can walk in 6 minutes. They monitor your heart rate and o2 saturation. So I get thru it and as I'm standing at the end of the test and she is recording all the info that is downloaded into their palm pilot the nurse drops it on the floor and the back comes off and the battery flys out. I'm thinking great, she puts it back together and turns it on and yes that's right it didn't save anything the whole test was a waste of time. So we go back into the treadmill room and she says she might have me do it again later on I'm thinking wtf? Then the physiotherpy nurse comes over and says that they think my distance is down from last time and that they should just wait and do it next week. Im thinking that's a good idea seeing as I'm already worn out so to do it again today would most definitely be a shorter distance....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. So lets hope next week she keeps the palm pilot in hand nice and tight!

So back on track, as I was driving to Toronto today I was thinking and mind wandering on different things. I was thinking of what a fellow cfer saying about the higher power as if god and religion. I myself am not religious at all. I kinda think along the same lines as my dad did of reincarnation...it explains why you have those episodes of dega vu....like you may have done it in a different life and form. I'm sure theres arguments for and against this but I'm not gonna get into that. But then I thought what if there is a place where people go in spirit...guess some people would call it heaven. So then I wonder about my late father.

See he was a huge aviation fan, he knew tons about airplanes and built and flew radio control air planes. I still have one of his that he built which does need some repairs due to other events not needing to go into detail.

So last night I watched the movie Amelia it was the biography of Amelia Earhart, if you don't know who she is you need to brush up on your history, she was the first women to fly across the Atlantic back in the 1930's. She then attempted to fly right around the world only to get lost in the pacific ocean. To this day nothing has been found of her plane or her or her passenger. Another big person, actually people are the Wright brothers, they were the first to actually fly out in kityhawk. Those were two people that interested my dad, mostly the Wright brothers. So here is what I was wondering. That indeed if there is a place of spirits if he has actually got to meet them?

Its a pretty calming thought to think he has.

2 comments:

  1. I like to think of it that way.. maybe because its comforting, maybe because it makes sense to me. I don't know. I hope your Dad got to meet them and has coffee with them once a week to talk about planes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A part of dad will always be a part of Kitty Hawk. Some of his ashes were scattered along the side of the hill along the path of the Wright Brother's first flight. So now dad will remain a part of Kitty Hawk, as Kitty Hawk remained a part of him. Miss you Dad.

    ReplyDelete