Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kinda off topic but not I guess

Today I had me second Credit Counsel appt. I need to attend 2 of these after I had to go thru a consumer proposal to deal with all my debt. Debt that I could not look after now I am out of work and on a fixed income. So anyways it ended up 2 minutes of talking about that and the rest of the meeting talking about transplant and such lol. The lady was scared cause her partner has COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) which she didn't know what it stand for so I had to tell her lol. Anyways she was saying how hes gonna have to give up his job as well and get on ODSP. He is gonna require O2 therapy as well. I told her it will probably end up with transplant. Then she said oh hes old they wont give it to him they only give transplants to young people like me. I had to assure her that as long as hes healthy enough and passes the assessment he can be put on the list. That there is alot of older people that come to the pre TX exercise physio.
Then she laughed and told me they don't know what they are gonna do cause they have no benefits or pension.....as she also mentioned "doesn't that sound good considering im a debt counsellor" Then she was asking me how long it takes to get onto ODSP which she was amazed took so long. So anyways I think she felt a little more positive after I left. I told her if she had any questions regarding transplant and stuff that she can call me lol.
Its weird how things happen and people you run into.

2 comments:

  1. You probably helped her alot. And, although you could probably use someone who can help YOU.. it was probably nice to talk to someone really down to earth and honest and nice. You're making a difference, Sean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you could help her and give her hope that he can get a transplant!

    ReplyDelete