Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A nothing to do Wednesday

Today was my day off from all my traveling. It always seems like a long week when I have my CF clinic plus physio at TGH. Clinic on Tuesday went as per normal. My Fev1 was down a very tiny bit nothing to even worry about. My weight was up some more, a whole 117.3 lbs. I'm gonna try and break 120 lbs lol. That will be the first time ever if I do!
Today I didn't do much of anything, slept in till 8:30. Usually I'm up 7:30-8:00. Do my meds then eat breakfast. Then I just crashed on the couch all day. Tomorrow I'm back off to Orillia for physio.
On a different note I'm still messing around with my blog page. I added the AD gadget. Apparently Google will place 2 advertisements on your page and when ever someone clicks on it you get paid. They mail you a cheque, so ya feel free to click away lmao. Although they never did mention what they pay so we will see.

Well the count still goes on, I've now been on the transplant list for 90 days. I'm wondering if I will get a beautiful Christmas gift :)

3 comments:

  1. I clicked! LOL.

    I've considered putting ads up as well, just as a way to add to my house-fund.

    How about this, I'll give you whatever weight I manage to lose.. sound good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one person I subscribe to on you tube apparently makes tons of money with them putting an ad at the bottome of his videos. Its crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sean!!!

    I hope you get a beautiful Christmas gift too... 90 days waiting for something like this, in the condition you're in, probably seems like 90 years. But, I'll tell you from experience -- holy crap is it worthwhile!!!

    Like you, I have cystic fibrosis... Like you, I got sick enough to require new lungs to hang around on this planet... I got my two beautiful, new lungs just over 10 years ago, and 10 years out they still blow my freaking mind.

    Do what you're doing -- keep up with your physio -- and try to get your weight up!!! I was told that for every few pounds I gained, I would trim a week off my recovery. I don't know if that's true -- but I did put on a good amount of weight and my recovery was incredible... We were also told that if we can walk into the hospital for our surgery, we'll walk out -- meaning, if we stay in good enough shape to stay mobile, our recovery will go much more smoothly...

    I have some of my story at www.ClimbingForKari.org I hope your journey to and through transplant is as awesome as mine has been. After living so long with crappy, cystic fibrosis lungs -- just wait until you feel what it is to breathe "normally"... You take care... Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete