Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fully Plumbed


I had my picc line installed. It now the second one I've ever had. This one seems more sore then the other one. After I had it put in I had to go up to clinic so they can start the meds, that is one rule of homecare that the doctor has to give the first dose before they will touch a patient. They both went well and were some I had once last year. Dr T prescribed Coliston every 12 hours and Ceftazidime every 8 hours. At least for today I have to give all the doses but once homecare and the rest of the meds get here they will have the Ceftazidime on an infusion pump so I wont have to be sitting around every 8 hours waiting for a med to run. I will just have to disconnect and run the colostin in the morning and evening which isn't a big deal really.

I have to go back to clinic next Thursday and have blood work and pfts done to see if there is a change, if there is then I will stay on this combo till the new year,if not they will change it on Thursday.

The last couple of days I haven't felt that bad, I have my moments. Especially when I get a coughing spell and it leaves my chest and back sore.

So hopefully the ivs clean it all up and I get my lung function back up. Gonna hit up physio this Monday at TGH. I didn't go last week cause I was not feeling good and was toying with the admit issue. Monday will be the last one till the New Year. It will be nice to have a little break.


I can't believe only another week till Christmas, two more weeks will the end of 2010. Hell where does the time go? I'm not doing anything for Christmas this year. Its not that I'm being a Grinch about it, first I've really hate how they have commercialized it all and force people to go out and spend all their money on gifts and such, I would rather just have all the family together or hit the road to visit family. I did enjoy the cards I got, they were very nice and funny thing the only cards I have gotten are from my fellow cfers lol. I'm not saying its a bad thing at all!

My mom isn't feeling up to making a Christmas dinner, my brother and his partner are going to his partners moms and then they had invited me to my half brothers on the 27th. But its just too much of a hassle with the o2 and staying over night somewhere so I'm just gonna stay home. Hope Christmas next year will be better and be with new lungs! I also haven't really gotten any New Years plans yet either. Man I suck. I just really haven't been thinking about it, I have enough on my mind lol.

So to all that are celebrating Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment