Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter is here BLAH!


I'm not much of a winter person at all. Maybe if I had some winter sports I took part in. Its just cold and ick, nostrils freezing together. I'm skinny so don't have much insulation for warmth lol. I have lived up in this area now for almost 19 years now (wow where does the time go?) and I have never ridden or been a passenger on a snowmobile. Actually many of my friends don't have one so maybe that's the reason. But I have never had the ambition or wanting to even ride one. Ill stay and drive in my nice warm truck thank you!

There isn't much new, its been 2 days now that I've been on cipro. I'm not coughing up anymore then normal which I guess is a good thing but now I have this pain in the top left of my chest. Not too sure what it is, maybe I just pulled a muscle? So when I do get coughing it starts to hurt. I haven't been getting as SOB (short of breath) but haven't had alot of energy. Hopefully that will pass.

I made fudge the other day but then when I went to cut it up to serving sizes I realized that the nutritional info was all wrong and there was no actual size to go along with the carbs so it was a no go for me....Dan I hope your enjoying my fudge....and no I didn't pack it for you!

I did however buy a digital kitchen scale at walmart for a whole $10 so now when I'm on my candy Bing and doing carb counting I know what the amount is. Most candies give you per piece or pieces but a few I find give you it in grams (40g of mike ikes has 36 grams of carbs) so you cant really count them out but have to weigh them. The one thing im gonna miss the most this holiday season is all the home baking :( unless I have nutritional info I'm not putting it in my mouth! Sure it seems kinda picky but I have had to work hard to get my blood sugar numbers perfect and I'm not gonna throw it out the window, hell Ive even given up beer and liquor :(

Hmm what else is new.... I did go on that coffee date awhile back and enjoyed it. We have been trying to get together again but between my appts,her work schedule and kids its been hard but we will manage. We will see where things go. Well I hope lol.

Which brings me to my next thing, laying in bed and night thinking about anything and everything. I wonder if it is fair to date in the position I'm in now. Like a fellow cfer was telling me I have alot of things going on right now. So wonder if sometimes I'm being fair to the other person, to have to bring them into all this madness and if its fair to them. When dating you suppose to go out and enjoy and explore the world together, go on adventures which as right now down have all the energy or breath for that so usually its something simple and easy going. But as it is she knows all I got thru as she had a best friend in the same position. Which does make things easier, having to educate someone and everything that knows nothing about cf or transplant can get very frustrating and feel kinda uncomfortable doing things in front of. So like I said we will see where things go.

Christmas season is upon us now. I am hoping to find out the physio schedule on Monday for TGH. Orillias last physio is Tuesday Dec 21st and don't reopen till January. Which means for the week and a half I may end up going to tgh for all the physio. Or maybe they are closed too which I'm hoping. I would love to be able to take a few days off and enjoy family. I have been invited down to my brothers in Kitchener on the 27th so would love to go. Which also means possibly arranging medigas to drop a o2 concentrator off and maybe just drag three o2 tanks with me. So we will see how it works out.

I think that's all I gots to talk about right now, time to finish my Timmies coffee before it goes cold hehe.

2 comments:

  1. i think the whole dating thing, if she gets what your going through and understands I say leave it up to her. Ive never been in the position where the guy actually nos anything about CF so ive always felt like I was doing them a favor by not giong out..but hell if she nos about it..leave it up to her :) lol fingers crossed tgh is closed im hoping too ! Ill cya monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tgh is closed from the 24th till the 3rd i think?

    as for candy, i'm a prostar now at it. I know gummy bears, and wine gums like no tomorow, but it did take some trial and error, some dipping lows, and some highs before i got it...but i just love candy to much to give it up! haha

    ReplyDelete