Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lung infection..I dont need no stinking infection!

Its December 2nd, what does that mean to me? It means now I have been on the waiting list for 3 whole months. My phone can ring anytime now lol.
Ive come down with another chest infection, I don't think December likes me. Come December 14th it would of been one year since I was last admitted to 6 Bond at St Mikes. I am truly hoping I don't have to be admitted. And as I read from my other fellow cfers that are getting sick that its a full house with no free beds. They truly do need a bigger ward. It only makes sense seeing as they are the largest CF center in Canada and I do believe I read somewhere the biggest in North America. Yet so few beds. That almost gets me into another rant....but I will share that later and get back on topic. So at the starting of the week I finally broke down and called clinic, left a message and funny enough they called back within an hour...I was amazed. So I described all my symptoms and the doctor put me on 2 weeks of Cipro (ciprofloxacin) which is an antibiotic. I didn't actually get it till Wednesday afternoon after they finally got the script all sorted out and paper work on billing it to the government. I am hoping it clears it up. Tuesday I didn't go to physio, I barely slept and when I did go to sleep and woke up I had a pounding headache. I just couldn't drag my self to Orillia. I did go today. It wasn't too bad, I had to do a slower speed and not as long on the treadmill. My o2 sats are still staying around 94 with exercise and 8 lts of o2. Everything I've been coughing up is still my light green color so that's one good sign that the infection hasn't gotten in bad yet and changed the color (usually gets darker)
So im just taking things easy, trying to stay out of the cold weather cause that just triggers coughing and then my chest and back get all sore. So basically I have prescribed my self a couch and slippers hahaha.
I have to call clinic back on Monday to let them know how im doing, I do already have clinic booked for the 14th but said they may move it to the 7th. So we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Hey watch urself eh, if all else fails go to emerg...they'll just put u on a different floor for while. 2 queen is usually pretty good. Plus if u get a private down there..there are showers in the rooms lol ...sooo nice haha. Hope u feel better soon . *fingers crossed for the call*

    ReplyDelete