Thursday, March 24, 2011

Almost a month down

Here I lay in the hospital bed trying to sleep which I cant. So I'm gonna blog lol. I only have a couple of days till I have officially been admitted for a month. Still cant believe I had transplant all the way back Feb 25th. The Dr came in today and checked my chest and sternum to make sure everything was still good. If you read my previous blog I had another surgery Monday to repair and refasten my breast bone. I asked the Dr today how big of a piece of titanium do they use. He says here ill show you pictures. He whip out his crackberry and shows my pictures of my procedure WTF. Its not an long flat piece, its a short "H" shaped piece with a green coating. I don't know to feel special that I was a special case resulting of him taking pictures. If I see him tomorrow I will see if he can email them to me. Those kinda things interest me. The weird stuff they jam in your body. So as it is its just another waiting game on the drainage tubes, they have slowed down. Now if they just slow down enough to be removed this week then I can hit the road home for the weekend. I have another chest x ray tomorrow. This time I'm gonna take it easy stretching around the x ray table. I seriously pulled something last night during the x ray and left me with a really sore chest :(
I am getting so antsy to get out and enjoy the outside and get my life back on track. I have lots planned :)
Right now my brother and I are getting things together for the Great Strides walk down at the Barrie waterfront. Its the first year its being held down there. The other large one is held at the Toronto Zoo. We are gonna try and make it very public. With getting hold of the local news station. Also get some big dignitaries to walk as well, my brother has already contacted the MP of Barrie Patrick Brown and he has agreed to come out and walk with our team. I also have to contact the mpp of simcoe county and see what he might do, his Secretary did tell me awhile back to keep them posted on my outcome of transplant, that they were very interested. I think this is gonna end up bigger then we expected which is awesome. I'm also wanting to get home so I can start collecting some pledges, my brother has already collected $400 of the teams $1000 goal which I'm sure we can pass! It just feels like I have to give something back for this wonderful gift I have received. Cause god knows Thank You just isn't enough!
In other news, today was a good day. The swelling in my legs and feet didn't seem to be as bad, its taking a long time to get rid of this excessive water in my body. But any little improvement is better then nothing. My good friend Dan brought my girl friend down today, I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks. I enjoyed spending the afternoon together and quiet frankly have never felt more happier in life right now :) its truly amazing. Its been along time since Ive had the falling in love feeling and it feels wonderful!
When they got here we all headed downstairs for some lunch. I had to get my Hero burger combo, man I cant believe how addictive those burgers have become lol. Usually I stick to that or Subway.
They had a nice winter storm here in the city, well what they call a storm we would call a dusting up north lol. Its so funny lol.
Well its getting late, I should try and get some sleep....ya right lol.
Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment