Thursday, March 17, 2011

Terrible news Thursdays what good are they?

Went for a chest x ray yesterday and this morning they told me they thought they seen a little bit of pnomothorax starting again on the right side lung. So they scheduled another x ray this morning. Which it turn still showed the same thing. First thing this morning the one dr came in to try and tighten my last chest tube up cause it keeps leaking all over me and my bed. He managed after excruciating pain. Then noticed the bump on the top of my sternum incision, which I had shown them last week and was told not to really worry about. The Dr started pressing down on it trying to replace it with no luck. Getting back from lunch he met me in the hallway where the porter was taking me for an ct scan which I was unaware of. The dr asked if I could get a family member here for 6pm or so cause they want to explain and get me into surgery to realign my sternum. They believe that that one of the three internal rings holding it together is now moved and is scratching around the right side lung causing the pnomothraxs.
I pretty much lost it there, I was nothing but tears, he said everything is fine, they just have to completely put me under to do the repair and its the best thing. Although I do agree it just all came at once. The stress of spending day in day out alone away from family and friends is really getting to me. I told the Dr flat out I have never liked hospitals. And even worse for losing my dad. I know I have gotten this far but its still tough on the mind and soul. There is just no explanation. And you just cant give up although at times I wish I could just pack my bags and say see ya!

So as this comes I don't know what my timeline is now to get out. I would imagine when I come to I'll be riddled with more chest tubes to start the process all over. I have no idea if I can mentally handle another 2 weeks in here. The food, the atmosphere, non freedom just sucks. I haven't been outside for 2 1/2 weeks now. This retention of water is driving me nuts. It seems soo slow to go, wish they could just suck all the extra water out while I was under getting my sternum repaired. I cant take much more of the pressure on my legs (cant even bend down, dropped my bank card downstairs and had to ask someone to pick it up for me.) and the pressure off all the water collecting around my groin makes like terrible. Makes me wish I was a women lol. I know probably too much info but I need a cup I I think to hold everything up :( But I don't think they sell them at the hospital lol.

I should also let you know the doctors reason why things shifted...."im too active" but isnt that the thing they explain they want you to be as soon as your out of surgery? Im confused

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm soooo sorry. Stupid setbacks. Wish I was there to entertain you...I'm not sure what I would do but we could come up with some kind of mischief to pass the time. It does get so monotonous in the hospital. I'm so glad we have tv's and computers for distractions at least. Back in the day I would have gone crackers staring at white walls. Keep hanging in there--there are better days a comin'. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete