Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just wanting to get out of here now.

You can truly tell when your back to yourself, when hospital life starts getting to ya and you get fed up over little things.
Things have been moving fairly smoothly along. Since being in step down. I was moved up to the 7th floor a day or so...ive already started forgetting dates things happened along the road. So ya I got up to the 7th floor and bunking with another roommate. All who have seem to keep to them self and have their curtain drawn right around them, does not bother me more privacy for me.
I ended up with a bout of hiccups which I ended up having for almost 6 days, unbelievable annoying and painfull. To the point that after meals when my stomach was full and was trying to take all my meds I would bring stuff up. So they decided to send me for my first Bronchoscopy and a endoscopy to make sure there was nothing happening in my stomach. The Bronch came back good nothing looked bad. Then came the endoscopy which showed that I have a slow opening stomach go figure, which can be looked after with a simple pill. So that was that. So I just continued on my merry way. Next I can into low hemoglobin which a couple of transfusions brought that back, im guessing from all the blood they take from me day in and day out. The next thing on the list to deal with was low sodium it was only at 116 when normal should be 130 plus. They figured it was just cause of the big operation. So for the last week and a half I have been on a fluid restriction of 800ml of liquid per day. Let me tell you this is freaking hard especially when your a big drink person. I got that back up by this Monday so they raised it to 1000mls so generous lol. I have now started reattaining water in my leg,feet and groin area. Not fun at all. im slowly working it down but its really hard especially in the groin area makes it really hard to walk. I had gotten 2 chest tubes removed when I was in step down and then 1 inserted for a tiny pnomothorax that showed up on an xray. That one just got pulled so now I still have my last 2 original ones. They are still showing alot of draining so they can not be pulled. The doctors have pretty much said as soon as they come out I get outta here. I hope its soon, they have been in so long that they have worn the hole into the skin bigger so they are forever leaking. That is one reason I am writing a blog at 5 am cause it started leaking all over me yet again and they have to change the dressing. I then just couldn't sleep at all tonight. Ive kept the foot of my bead elevated high to help with the fluid retention in my feet which helps. They are also doing reno work in the room next to me all Ive heard since 2am is a router going. I guess I will have to try and catch up during the day on sleep. Believe me it got to me after having my dressing changed that having to change myself, I pretty much broke down in tears :( The one thing that is preventing me to get home is making me uncomfortable too how fair is that Boooo!

4 comments:

  1. It will get better. I spent 4 months living on a chair when my heart went out. I spent the first month on almost no sleep. Couldn't lay down, couldn't stay comfortable. I cried, I waited for death, the pain was that bad. Stay positive, and know you have friends and family pulling for you. You've come through so much, and you have a lot ahead of you. Also remember, and this is key. Chicks dig scars... and look at that gold medal winner you've got running across you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Construction at 2 a.m. is torturous and not very nice either. Like you said, it's a good sign that you want to leave. Hope that becomes your reality soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sean! hang in there. i was there for 5 weeks before. your still fresh! and doing AWESOME. way better then so many others.

    transplant is more of a mind game then anything phyiscal almost! it's friggin tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hospital stays suck absolute balls, especially for weeks on end. But having to go in and out of hospitals sucks more. It's gotta be tough when you're so excited to get the hell out and start living your new life! Being far away from home blows too. I wish I could get down and visit more (effin' 9-5 job).

    ReplyDelete