Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pondering life

I slept in this morning till 5 am wooo hooo. I still don't understand how they expect you to comfortably sleep in a hospital, I think its just the atmosphere.
Anyways I came online surfed a bit, not too much happening 5 am Saturday morning on facebook lol. So then I just laid back in bed thinking. Remembering the days when I would run anywhere I wanted to go, ride my bike with my brother (that died when I got my licences lol) just the general freedom. Previously I had been pretty lucky living with CF with only 2 hospitalizations which I'm not sure is good miss treatment. The last year was hell with having to wear O2 24/7. I could go out to places but really only for a limited time and I always had to be home to sleep. My whole life was planned around O2. I tried to stay as active as I could which I think helped me out with the fast recovery. I guess I really never noticed the gentle decline of the activity I use to do, just slowly do less with out much notice. I have your word that these new air bags are going to get a good work out. I am looking forward to long walks, back to enjoying summer activities and bonfires(that is the one thing I missed the worse last summer) I I am already counting down the days that I can get back to work. The way I feel it should be about Sept. that will be 6 months post as long as I don't run into any complications. I should be done my required 3 month physio by the end of June/starting of July then will have the summer to spend catching up on stuff.
They say you don't suppose to drive for 3 months because of the meds playing with your head and such, but I have had no symptoms of anything so depending on how my chest feels I may drive before then. Although I will get rides to T.O for physio to play it safe.

Again I am speechless for the gratitude of the donor and their family that have given me a second chance. Thank you Thank you Thank you !

3 comments:

  1. Sean, you will be fine, as Ken and Joanne have said. The issue of not driving for 3 months is not completely related to the meds you now have to take, but to all ow the incision(s) to heal completely. Believe me, I tried after 2 months and very quickly realized I could not turn to my left without pain.
    I am now 19 months post TX, and having a wonderful life. And Blessed by having no issues or side affects since.
    Best advice anyone can give you is very simple - Follow the Rules and Doctors orders.
    Doing it otherwise only leads to problems.
    My best wishes and prayers for a very good return to "normal" life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing summer Sean! Wooo can't wait for you to do all that and more! P.S. Good luck and positive vibes for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. I found detailed article about what is roblox.

    ReplyDelete